Monday, January 25, 2010

Ice Holes




So the wind was roaring, the rain was not as fierce, but there was definitely moisture in the air, and the waves were breaking on the shore behind all these ice cakes. I looked, thought once of passing Sullivan Harbor and noticing the ice sheets broken up and strewed across the shore, and decided I couldn't pass the potential images up.

Wading through the wet snow was the most uncomfortable part of getting these pictures, but I didn't dress my feet well, soo.... my own fault. I was happy with the shots, and temporarily wet feet mean little or nothing. There were a few more that showed larger sections of the shore with the pieces scattered about, but I really liked the holes in the ice, so those are the ones I'm posting. Again, click on these for larger image views, I'm posting them small to squeeze a design.

No comments:

Post a Comment