Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Isolation and Connections

Being home is not the worst thing in the world, but there is a sense of loss within me by the isolation from other family, specifically my sons and families. If it weren't for the fact that a virtual connection through FaceTime and our electronic devices allows us to actually see and talk in real time, I think this separation would have worse effects for both my wife Jennifer and I.
Yesterday, as we "got out" for a ride in the car, we received a video call from our youngest grandson, who really does miss us and our bi-weekly visits, and he was dressed in a Halloween costume! He made us laugh, expressed joy in seeing us, and asked if he could FaceTime us every day. A no brainer for Jennifer and I, we are now looking forward to his calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment