Friday, September 3, 2010

Collegiality and the Fire Drill

The first day with freshmen was awesome, I met the kids I will have in my classes and they are excited about being at the High School and enthusiastic about being a part of the art program. It was also good to be back with colleagues and sharing. My theme for this year is "collaboration", and I'm writing two new classes with two different colleagues based on differentiation techniques, so it's the perfect venue to start the theme. I'm in hopes it will work well  for students and it is a part of the "Art Skills Map" for the Partnership for 21st Century Skills, so... off we go, I'm starting my 38th year!

Don seemed to be the least camera shy in the difficult dim light of the auditorium, so he is featured in these couple of shots. Also our football coach, Mark, is herding kids back into the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment