Thursday, June 20, 2013

Modified Sticks

Some images just beg for some kind of modification, and the "sticks" image that I posted earlier had me thinking about taking something as physically simple and yet visually complex as a bunch of small sticks and making them even more interesting visually.

I have always been fascinated by the curved line, such as presented by Vincent VanGogh in so many of his works, and I refer to it constantly when I am working from imagination. There is something about the tactile movement of the curve that brings into play more subtle muscles, more "searching" for a resolution or destination, and for me, more interest in the object of attention.

Here's a version (modified) of one of the earlier photographs I took of "sticks". Reality is intangible.


No comments:

Post a Comment