Sunday, April 26, 2015

Spring - The Edge of Water

While the weather seems more like spring, it is still pretty chilly with the wind right off the ocean. I went down to the shore this afternoon for a half-hour or so to take some pictures and it didn't take all that long to get really cold.

My intention was to try out my neutral density filter as a way of expressing the photo assignment "The Edge of Water" I use with classes. While I have read a great deal about using ND filters, I had never actually put it into practice. I made a bunch of mistakes, and then little by little got better at it to the point I got some images I think I like. Here are a few, and I find the almost pure white of the water in the first one fascinating after looking at ice on the bay for the most of the winter.





No comments:

Post a Comment