Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Two Days After the Fourth

 I realize more today than I have in a while just how much my family means to me and how careful I need to be with "our" relationships. Thoughtlessness, although not ever intentional on my part, can really be damaging to others, especially those that you love, and I must be more careful to realize my place in my family has changed as I have grown older and as I have become a grandparent and a parent of full grown and almost middle aged children of my own. I think I just have trouble looking back over my shoulder. I have always been forward looking and full speed ahead, and as that has worked for me for a long time, I have just taken for granted what is left in my wake. Now it is different, I don't have forever on this mortal earth, and I really need to slow down and listen to where my family is at any given time.

I don't know what to post for a photo here, but I will look and see what I have done or shot with my camera that might have helped to put me in this place I find myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment