Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Drawings

Two new I will post that I really haven't decided are finished yet, but have titles in mind as far as they have gone... my emotions around these sorts of holidays, when taken with the history of our lives and the experiences that are reminded by these "significant" days emerge in spite of my best efforts. SO, let it be, if the emotion of a piece of art is difficult to see, that's OK, because every drawing I do that comes straight out of my head is a revelation and makes me more human. Here are two brand new ones, about 12 by 18 inches, done with India ink and Prismacolor® pencil. Offer me some titles in the comments section, I'd give thanks (and a full sized photo file) for that.



1 comment:

  1. I've just caught up with your blog, and I see no comments for your drawings, which is a shame, because they are so deserving of comment. No, I do not have an idea for titles, for me a title would be restrictive, your hint as to what you might want me to see. Untitled my mind gapes, it wanders as my eyes move back and forth between the major shapes and accompanying details. These and the other drawings you have posted are rich with expression and implication, so much so that when I look at some of your other photos, I see in them shapes, shadows of form I had not been aware of before.

    ReplyDelete