Monday, April 15, 2013

Bye Bye Birthday


So there's another year of my life done and gone. Someone asked me this past week what they had to look forward to in their 50's and 60's, and after a moment I responded "everything". The past decade has brought me joy and sorrow, uncertainty and knowledge, softening of some attitudes and hardening of others, but the most important thing that it has brought me is a closeness of family. It is looking like the next decade might move our family apart somewhat, but the important things will always be in place. Here's a shot of my family at last night's celebration, which includes Morgan's birthday on Wednesday, and a picture of the 48 candle cake that Lynne made for me. I'm not 48, that was the year I was born, so Jen thought it seemed an appropriate number, and she couldn't fit all 65 candles on the cake without endangering the house.


Here's the family in front of the bonfire last night.


...and here are a couple of shots of the fire, I couldn't help myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment