Monday, July 15, 2013

Flood Tide

Something grabbed me this morning about the tide coming in, how we (me) often take the tides for granted, and how one might express the flow of the tide up and down the beach or the rocky shores here in Maine. Having a stationary object like the "Wild Thing" sitting and waiting for the tide to come in underneath it is like "becoming". It really isn't a boat until it is floating in the water.

Here my issue became composition and how I would express my thoughts about the tide through composition, so I took numerous points of view and arrangements of the subject and ended up with two that I thought might be topic for comparison and discussion.

If you prefer one over the other, leave a comment and an explanation for your choice!




No comments:

Post a Comment