Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Backgrounds & Inversions





















To me, this is an interesting concept in that it is a straight inversion of color and yet has a presence that feels like an echo of reality. A self portrait, this colorless background is so full of joy for me, with my grandsons held close and a smile on all the faces.

My inverted face at the bottom, along with the somewhat dour expression, in my mind represents the sorrow I feel during the times I'm away from those boys and the times I have to say goodbye to them after a weekend visit. All is not, and perhaps can never be, joy at every moment.

I do like this image for the structures and the composition, for the odd color of the foreground and the colorless and high contrast background, for the expressions on the faces, for the understanding of the processes that went into it's development, and especially for the spontaneity of those processes. That's the way I like to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment