Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ducks!

Ducks in the bay as I looked out the window this morning, and I followed them with the camera from the living room window. The warmer weather and the rain has opened up the bay to all the sea fowl and they flock to where the fresh water washes into the salt water. This pair was very close to shore, the tide was high and they were right in near and around the rocks. The design of their bodies and the beauty of their movements through the water fascinate me.
I got up early to do school work (check out the condition of my desktop in the snapshot below as I was in the middle of a video rubric that students and I built together) and then when David got up he and I worked on the oak stairs, installing trim and preparing treads. I didn't go outdoors all day. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment