Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tough Times

School is always good because of my students, but for some reason this morning's drawing session resulted in a piece in black and white that reflected back to me feelings of distress (I titled the drawing with that word). While I'm not always sure where some of these internal interpretations come from, I may have some inclination for this one. The centered figure is surrounding itself with arms either holding events, responsibilities and other people out or keeping them in. The figure on the right glances up at the viewer while tearing something apart in their hands and letting it drop to the ground. A general feeling of chaos comes from the marking "roughness" and many small lines in the piece. I feel like I could do more with it, but it has worn me out and I would definitely have to rest for a while before going back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment