Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mom

Jen's Mom is failing and we had a cry about it today, so thinking about mothers seemed to be on the menu in general. Then as I was cleaning up the studio, I came across a small photo of my Mom. I remember Dad making prints in the bathroom in the evenings, but I think he was worried about brother and I getting into the chemistry or something, so I never got any lessons from him or anything like that, and by the time I was in high school I don't remember him doing it any more. I suppose by then it was easier to just send film away to have it processed, and color was a big deal when it first came out. I know, it's hard to believe that I've lived in times that have seen so many advances with imaging, but here we are!


I'm posting that picture of my Mom, she was born 90 years ago, and it's hard to believe that she's been gone for 30. Also a detail, shot with the eye loupe and iPhone, of brother and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment