Friday, August 19, 2011

"Lobsta" Pickers!


My niece and her husband came over to spend the night and cook up some lobsters they brought for Lynne's High School ReUnion this weekend. It got dark on us, as very often happens toward the end of the summer when we forget how the days shorten as quickly as they seemed to lengthen last spring. I took a few shots of the four of them picking out the crustaceans on a plastic-covered picnic table, and then I started thinking divergently about what I might do to spice up the typical flash-based shots I was getting under the porch lights (see above). I played around with exposure, shutter speed and using the zoom on my 35-70 mm lens and here are a couple that I particularly liked, mostly because of the way the subject worked through, but also for the composition.



No comments:

Post a Comment