Monday, March 15, 2010

Faculty Meeting Portrait


Some of the discussion in our faculty meeting after school wrapped around the increasing of time for our advisory groups for students. I think the key there is the "for students" part. We in the teaching profession are all tired in so many ways from the increasing demands made of us in the name of "improving" education, but the quality of our experiences with students is almost always enhanced by our understanding of them and the empathy we use in applying our teaching methods to individuals.

The portrait I'm posting is a shot of a teacher and his child, with our principal and Senior Exhibition Director in the background. Yes, I know she has her eyes closed, but that to me seemed a part of what draws these four people together in the shot, making it appealing on several levels. Speaking of levels, I did "tweak" this piece a bit to give it the "bite" I desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment