Thursday, May 20, 2010

Flowers New & Older... The Bright Sunset

I got home after school today and looking down at the shore I contemplated my inspiration problem and somehow I realized that inspiration, that the artistic eye is always there and it really is just a matter of listening to the inner voice and responding to it. It often feels like "life gets in the way" as a friend recently put it, but life really only gets in the way when you let it. That flow that we all truly possess, that flow of understanding and seeing is a matter of perception, of course, but it also a matter of being mentally prepared to perceive, of understanding that you don't have to "find" the beauty of life because it is already there all around one. I always get a kick out of the "let it find you" theory because I honestly think that "it" (the beauty of life/art) is always there, just waiting for each of us to recognize it in our turn.

So after I had these contemplations, I took my camera down to the front of the house, saw dozens of shots, and found my way to the water and the high tide. I liked all of the three I have chosen to post for different reasons, but I will let you be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment