Thursday, May 27, 2010

Witch Hole Pond Hike

The "Outing Club" did a hike around the Witch Hole Pond loop and one of my fiber arts students invited me along. I'm so glad I did it as it was a wonderful way to connect with students, some who are in my classes and some who are not. It's nice to spend some time with kids outside of class, and it was interesting to hear one student say "you're just the same out of school as you are in school". "Hey", I responded, "just liking to keep it real." I didn't get the chance to ask what the expectation is, but apparently some teachers "wear a face" in school.

Anyway, it was a great afternoon, enough of a breeze to keep any bugs from lighting, a good chance to talk to kids about non-school stuff and get to know them better, and good exercise to boot. I seem to find myself doing double workouts during the longer days of summer anyway. I got some cool pictures and will post three of them.

Wow! Two days in a row of double entries, don't know what's gotten into me.

No comments:

Post a Comment