Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pumpkin in the Rain

I went out from the house this afternoon looking for "water photos" and took a quick shot of the film of water on the patio tiles at the main entrance to our house.


 I glanced to my right and saw a pumpkin lying on the tiles underneath a glass patio table, and the most interesting thing about that was that drops of water had formed underneath the table. The result was that the drops (each drop) formed a lens that captured the pumpkin perfectly. I began to move the camera and change my point of view and so came up with the second shot, which seems even more abstract and surreal that the first one!
No filters were used here, these are straight shots from life. I'm thinking the second one could be better in a vertical format... hmmm......



No comments:

Post a Comment