Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Holiday Gesture

I had a somewhat self-conscious Freshman come into my room this morning and offer me a plate full of cookies, saying that this was a gesture his family did for his teachers each year. It made my day on so many levels! Not that there was any kind of expectation, of course, and many students offer acts of kindness regularly, but this just seemed to touch and lift my spirit when it was sorely needed, and what a way to start the day.

I took a quick glance at the plate and appreciated immediately the variety of what seemed to "home-baked" goodies, but it wasn't until I got them home and unwrapped them at dinner with my family that I realized the care and beauty that was embedded in them. Each item was different, exquisitely designed and executed, and delicious! I had to photograph one and post it on the blog to make sure I remember this day! Thank you all very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment