Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First Work of 2013 & More

I finished this piece this morning, or at least I thought I did until I had a closer (and settled) look when I took the photo. It seems there might be a few little details I want to finish up on it. This piece comes from a whole group that's been developing for years, and although I'm not all that happy (yet) with it, I like that I had the concept of what I wanted to do right from the start. The hard thing about that for an artist is that one must grapple with the product matching the vision. I don't mean that they necessarily have to "match", but as soon as their is a sense of disappointment, and separation between the concept and the resulting piece (which maybe cannot stand on it's own merit) is too great, the piece might as well go in the trash. I no longer have any problem with moving things to the trash bin. I did when I was younger, but now I seem to be learning from content and I no longer have issues around technique.

Also I have a "mobile photo" that was shot with the "Hipster" app and double exposed. I have a single exposure that I shot first and it is great quality, but it lacks the feeling and visual "draw" that the double exposure possesses.




And I got this shot of Jen wrapping gifts for our "Second Christmas" next weekend, which is a celebration of Jackson Johnson's first birthday. I've been busy today making some things for that as well. All in all, we had a pretty productive "Christmas/New Years" break!

No comments:

Post a Comment