Thursday, January 3, 2013

Photogram

Of course there is so much going on in every day that I no longer expect to remember everything that I do, much less document it for whatever reason, so if this has been posted before... oh, well!

I've got more "wet darkroom" classes this year than I ever have, and I find it fascinating that students are so interested in the "old school" version of photography. Don't get me wrong, I love digital photography and the ease with which one can capture an image, but shooting film definitely slows me (and I hope my students) down to where each shot has much more significance around lighting, composition and how the subject is interpreted.

The piece I'm posting here is one I did with my students while they were working, which is for me one of the aspects of teaching ART that I like best; it allows the teacher to be a "doer" or "maker", and throws out that old premise "If you can't do, teach". If you are an ART teacher, you should be "doing" and learning right along with your students!

No comments:

Post a Comment