Sunday, January 2, 2011

Song Again...

Here I've shot a few pictures of the Song of India plant with my Sony HX1 just to compare... hmmm... with low-res Interweb pictures it seems to me that the simple cell phone holds it own! Whadya think?

This one is very grainy as it was almost dark, and I would have problems to overcome with this (if I were concerned with improving it) concerning lighting and such, but I shot it in a dim room light after dark. The grain doesn't bother me for some reason, I think because it adds to the abstract nature of the shot.



This second one (there were several others, but these stand out to me) is a lot sharper, and the product was part of an experiment with the flash with back-lighting. It's amazing how one simple subject can lead to all sorts of experimentation and variety (to a degree) of images!

No comments:

Post a Comment