Sunday, August 26, 2012

American Idol

OK, so I spent too many hours last winter watching these kids getting their education in the professional music business via the "School of Hard Knocks" my Dad always talked about when my brother and I were growing up. I couldn't resist the temptation to see them perform live in concert, and besides I hadn't photographed a professional concert for a number of years. To make a long story short, this was just fun. The performers enjoyed what they were doing, each other, and they were especially grateful for the audience, which is always cool. The evidence of this for me was when Phil Phillips was singing the closing song and the two guys singing backup behind him hit this awesome harmony, he turned and gave them a big nod and smile. You could see that he acknowledged what they did because it made the performance better. Anyway, enough "gabbing", here are some photos. These are for those of you that were fans so I won't even bother to name the performers, you know who they are!






No comments:

Post a Comment