Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Catching Up!

So there have been a few pictures and a few comments that I have meant to get posted, but I haven't been able to find the time or the "inclination" to get it done.

Last weekend was busy with getting the truck back down to my brother's shop and getting the body off so that I can weld up the frame. I have the parts all cut to replace the old stuff with, but I don't have the welding experience my brother does, so he will do the majority of the crucial stuff and I'll get the rest. Maybe next weekend.

I am posting a view from Winter Harbor taken last Sunday with the rain and all. I think I learned of the beauty of the rain last summer while we were all getting "parboiled" as my mother used to say.

I have a 4' X 6' piece of plywood in my studio. I'm glad I cleaned up the studio so that I have some space to work on this sign. There is a new restaurant opening in town and the proprietors have commissioned me to do a 2-sided sign. I gave them a proposal they like (with a few tweaks - easy to adjust as I used Illustrator to draw it up) and so now need to have it done before December 1st ... what fun!

I had a brief spell (again) where I thought the pics were hard to come by, but then I realized that I just wasn't working at it hard enough and that I had too many distractions, so more focus is a new mantra.

No comments:

Post a Comment