Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Baker Hill Snowshoe Hike

The view from the top of Baker Hill is amazing in the winter as much as during the summer. David and I went up the trail this afternoon and it was an awesome hike. David has used snowshoes quite a bit for the past few years, and he usually has a couple of places he goes. The woods are fascinating during the winter as the small animals leave all sorts of evidence of moving about and such in the snow. I really love the quiet and the sense of solitude the forest brings during this time of year, and now that I have my own shoes I will most likely spend a lot more time in the forest this winter. I need to study maps and find some trails that might be interesting to travel. Posted are a couple of photos from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment