Friday, December 11, 2009

The Mechanic's Dream

Ah, yes, the mechanic's dream is the time when everything goes well and the parts fit and the end result is a working repair. Now I may have some time in the studio this weekend!
The non-functioning heater fan (tough to enjoy riding in a car this time of year with no heater fan) is now functioning at all speeds. I was amazed at how simple, and yet physically demanding (lying upside down with one's back bent bent over a stripped center console) replacing an AC/heater control resistor in a 1998 Olds Intrigue turned out to be. All in all, last night and tonight after I got home from school, I probably had 3-4 hours in the job, and now Torrey's car has heat.
The shots I am posting tonight are a bit lower res as I adjusted them for this blog, but I took them with the Canon EOS 7D we got Torrey for Christmas. What a camera! The images are 6 feet by 4 feet at screen resolution and sharp as a tack. One is the interior of the Olds taken apart and the other is the culprit part that needed to be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment