Sunday, July 18, 2010

2 Days Off and a Bunch of Photos

I'm not sure if it really makes much sense to tell much about these, but suffice it to say I have been working at getting the "Sea Sprite" ship shape and trying to help out my brother as well. In reverse order, only because it makes "posting sense",  I will start with today and go into yesterday towards the bottom. Alan stopped by last night as I was buffing back to brightness the hull on the little boat (ahh... what will I name it?) and asked if I would go down to Winter Harbor and copper the bottom of a boat for him. It is a boat that he built and was bought by people who spend 11 months of the year in Hawaii (who could blame them, eh?) and are up to Maine for vacation now and would like to have their boat (which he sotres for them during the winter). So I did and am posting first some of those pictures, including the boat on the beach and a seagull or two.

His boats are 28 footers and it took me three+ hours to get it all painted... took some pics of before and after and the gulls of course.

Been thinking of all the artistic like things that I do that keep me grounded and stroking the green copper paint on the bottom hull of that "AJ 28" over the barnacles I had just scraped off last weekend was an aesthetic of some sort for me... hard to explain!



So yesterday was working on the forward console in the "Sprite"... Another artistic endeavor and I learned a lot about planning, working with upholstery, and poly filler material, so it was well worth it to me. I thought it came out real nice, looks good and is comfortable to boot!




Today ended up with a light on top of Cadillac Mountain and the "half moon"... It was a good day to be alive.



No comments:

Post a Comment