Thursday, July 8, 2010

July Sky




I've been shooting some stuff with a Nikon D-40 in RAW format and find it fascinating that I can do so much more with an image easily when it is in that format. It is also "lossless" so I don't get any image degradation as I work on and save it in various states. Anyway, PhotoShop has an adjustment tool that's called "lightness and darkness" (I think - I do know that it's under "adjustments") and there is so much more you can do with it than the old "brightness and contrast" tool or even "curves", and I really like curves. So I just did a quick apply and I will post three shots of the July sky in Sullivan, America! The sky is a gorgeous thing, Matt and I saw about six clouds "stacked upon one another" (that's the only way I can explain it) as we were coming home from (H)Ellsworth over the Taunton River Bridge, but I was driving and the camera was in the back seat, so no images.

No comments:

Post a Comment