Saturday, July 3, 2010

Currier Museum and In Portland With Torrey

I finished up the week with a trip through the Currier Museum in Manchester, and it was a great experience. The Currier had a wonderfully wide range of work and an excellent contemporary collection, and it would be nice to visit again for a longer stay. Portland was having its monthly art walk called "First Friday", and Torrey took me around to see the sights and especially to see his photos in the "X-Wax" gallery, and his friend William joined us.

I'm posting a photo from leaving the Currier and a couple from Portland featuring Torrey. With all the people in the streets it was easy to get some great shots. The battery was down in my Sony (which has a nice telephoto) so I was restricted to the Nikon D40 with an 18-55 mm lens and most of the stuff with Torrey was wide-angle. That will teach me!

No comments:

Post a Comment