Thursday, August 6, 2009

Empty Chair and Lunch


The skylight in the shop placed David's chair in a light that I couldn't help but shoot. It is so important to keep your eye on the light because that's really what it's all about, the light. More significant in this case may be that I recently read Joe Coomer's One Vacant Chair and was really moved by the depth of feelings wrapped around as simple a subject as a chair. I will never look at them the same way, although in my lifetime I have had many interesting moments with chair(s).

I made my own supper tonight as we decided to use up some leftovers and so we are looking at a lobster sandwich and a half (I already had eaten the other half of the second sandwich) along with a nice iced glass of grape kool-aid. My diet has been as weird as the summer!

I was pleased that I got the structure of my table for the Children's Museum all done and everything pretty well primed. All ready to paint and I have some good plans for what I'm doing, so I'm as pleased with this project as any I have done for the Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment