Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shadowing Again...

... and I don't know why there is such a fascination for me concerning the shadow, although I have talked about it before on this blog. I'm not saying that it "haunts" me or anything like that, but shadows have this infinite power in their fragile dependence on a light source and at the same time they are without real substance of any kind... except to the formation of shape (and form when projected on a 3D surface) in the eye. They intrigue me to the point of being able to handle (appreciate) pictures of shadows of all kinds, and I'm thinking of what the infinite possibilities (well, maybe not all of them) might be for shooting shadows as a theme. What works for me best with this photo is the moving shot that blurs the background while the shadow stays sharp.


My bike ride today was a double that took almost an hour with the stops at Taunton River Bridge and such, but I did make the last 5 miles home in 18 minutes. I had a strange experience after stopping briefly at the Town Office that strengthened my legs tremendously climbing the next hill and I don't know why? Some interesting "tourist" pics at the bridge. Don't you just love it when the light and subjects work well together?

No comments:

Post a Comment