Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lake Winnipesaukee


Boats everywhere! I thought that the coast of Maine was somewhat "boaty", but the lake here in the lower segment of New Hampshire is so crowded with people that it's really unbelievable. I did notice that the Gilford public beach was closed due to a high bacteria count, and that reminded me of the time about 20 years ago that we headed to Montreal and stopped at Burlington, Vermont and Lake Champlain on a very hot weekend in August. We tried to go swimming and the beach there was closed for the same reason. I understand that the very hot weather is the biggest contributor to that, but it didn't seem to dim people's enthusiasm for activities around the lake! I'm still trying to make up my mind about traveling... the getting away from the everyday routine and responsibilities is the best part of that, and I do fully understand how good it is for stress levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment