Friday, April 10, 2009

Granite Resolve


So much of what is seen about us represents particles of our lives... I see symbols, metaphors and just plain old associations to what I am and how I would like to be, and as I try to interpret them I realize that these "signs" may very well be random meaningless events that have absolutely nothing to do with me. I still look for meaning in them. Without meaning, even our own interpretation of meaning, we have nothing, so I continue to try. To construct meaning for that which surrounds me and make it better is the most noble goal that I can come up with right now, but it's late, I'm really tired, I need to sleep.
The granite is resolve. Once one makes up their mind to do or go or be a particular way it is resolve that sees them through. I do not know what the next few weeks might bring, but I do know that whatever I decide to do with the direction of my professional career, it will depend on resolve in order to move forward. Wishing back and forth between two (or maybe even more) things just leads to chaos and stress. Some of us realize this better than others and do very well. I think I am in that group, a member of that tribe, but making up my own mind in my own way, regardless of those around me, is difficult. History, you know. Hard to separate from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment