Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Day in the Garden


Well actually I started off with 10 miles on the bike this morning, riding from the house west to the Taunton River Bridge and back. Some of the hills were long, but it really wasn't a strain, so I'm sure I can get to the point where I can get to Ellsworth or Winter Harbor from here fairly easily.

When I got back David had repaired the roto-tiller (the intake manifold had been broken in an accidental collision) and gone over the upper corner of the garden, so I started on the other end to finish, got interrupted by running out of gas, then filled up and finished tilling. It's still pretty wet on the lower end so I only went over the last 15 feet once and will do it up better when it dries out.

Jen and Matt and I are going to Belfast to meet Torrey for his birthday (May 28) and give him cards, take him out to lunch and such. Maybe we can go through some of the shops downtown in Belfast, usually some good art galleries as well. I'm looking forward to seeing Torrey again.

I just can't get enough pictures of the blossoms that are out now, taking many, many and can't decide which ones I like the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment