Sunday, May 31, 2009

Here Comes the Sun... (doot n' doo doo)


A bunch of pictures to post today now that the sun is out! The bay was like a mirror this morning and so I was torn between kayak and bike for a workout, but the bike won because it's the bike (and I need to justify what it cost). So I did the Medical Center loop and was around 40 minutes with stops for pictures, so it went pretty good. The workout part is easy, but still some soreness in the hip afterward.

I've had thoughts recently about getting older and have pretty much decided that I am going to fight it for all it's worth and that it doesn't make any sense to live any other way. Life is short (or long, depending on your point of view I guess) at least right now it seems that way to me, and I would like to be able to give it all I have And that's the thing isn't it? You have to have something to give it for it to be meaningful! Sitting doesn't really work for me in developing things to give life, so I will keep doing... I may have captured the "Spring Tree" image to follow up on the winter one I got last February at the beginning of this "blog" adventure (see it below). It's hard to believe I have now made 101 postings!


I had mentioned blueberries in a previous post, and I have this picture of the blueberry section of our field and it looks like we will have a bumper crop this year. I can hardly wait to photograph their "blueness" this summer and fall.


Also a cool picture of my bike before I took off this morning. What I like most about it is that my brother came down on his tractor yesterday and you can see the "footprint" of the tractor in the gravel of the driveway. Evidence of other "vehicles" using the driveway in this case makes a photo that transcends the idea of pictures just capturing a moment in time, they can display information that removes any temporal isolation from the "shot". Just as a side note, you can click on any of these photos to get a full-sized view of them...

There seems to be a lot of rambling in my writing this a.m., but it is just that I am high energy, psyched about the day, it's my brother's 60th birthday, and I will just take what life gives me!

No comments:

Post a Comment