Monday, May 25, 2009

Final Memorial 2009


I did manage to make it to Winter Harbor and I did manage to visit my parents' grave. I trimmed some of the bush out of Mom's eyes so she could get some sun and then just thought for a bit. I thought about what at the time seemed to be "all those years" that we spent together when they were really fleeting and filled with many things. A part of me really wished for them back, but I don't know if it was because I deem myself lucky to have had the childhood that I did or that I am in the final stages of this existence and feel that time back might be better spent or maybe even something else. I do know that the days are never long enough, I hate to waste time, I would like to be able to do 10 things at once, and life is what it is.

My grandfather passed in 1974, my mother in 1985 and my father in 2000. These are the two stones that mark their burial and tie me inexorably to Winter Harbor. I miss them all and often wonder if they are watching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment