Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Students Always Have an Eye on You...


... so I'm thinking it's a good thing to be aware at all times how you present yourself to students, what you say to others in the environment of the halls and classroom and how you respond to student's questions and to their needs. The photo with this post was taken by one of my students without my knowledge. Oh, sure, I know about what time it was taken in the context of the background and the photographs surrounding it in the camera, and I have an idea it was one of my photo students because of the composition and the use of zoom, but it really doesn't matter because a good picture is just a good picture. It may not necessarily be flattering. I just had Photo II students finish up and critique an "unusual portrait" assignment, and while most of the portraits were truly unusual and unique, one of the sophomores did a portrait of a classmate that was simply "unflattering", but it was a truly unusual portrait to capture someone at their worst, and the rest of the class "got it". Kudos to all of them, they're great and I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment