Thursday, March 26, 2009

Driftwood



One of the fishermen at the head of the bay had a landing float drift off on him, and we saw it yesterday at the edge of the ice pushing against the tide. One end was sunken as it must have had some of the floatation tear out of it in the ice this winter, and it just seemed to sit in the water in a tilted unusual way, adding interest. I went down to the shore and took a bunch of pictures, and I think a few of them came out ok. I really enjoy this photography thing and taking pictures of an event (no matter how minor) does please me!
Cara Romano asked me to put a piece in Sam Shaw's annual Island Artist's Show, so I will probably show at gelatin print. I'd like to do a few this spring anyway, and having a deadline for a show is a great incentive for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment