Monday, March 2, 2009

Early Morning Injury

Of course anyone who knows me knows that I am accident prone. When I spend a day working in the studio or in the garage on a car the standard query is "...and you didn't hurt yourself?". This question is usually asked with a bit of incredulity. Well, I got out of bed this morning, hopped up as I usually do, and went into the dining room where the whole world started to spin around into a vortex sucking me towards the floor. On the way down I was able to manage banging my chin on the edge of a table (still kind of sore) and cleaning lamp, plant and everything else off the table and onto the floor. What a racket! Woke everyone in the house up I suspect. From there I went downstairs, did my morning workout and have had no ill effects.

I called my doctor, he had an opening, so I went in to see him. "Vertigo" was the diagnosis. Good movie. I've always liked Hitchcock. I'm not gonna take the pills!

1 comment:

  1. being sucked into the center of the swirl of life can be exhilarating if you are anticipating the wildness of the flow, ...... balance is an art... not just what is going on externally but keeping a tuning fork on the inner hum. Do some tai chi dude find and keep that center then you can have fun watching others spin around you.

    ReplyDelete