Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fog, Fog... Sun

Another day working on my room(s) at school and trying to sort through what is needed and what is not. I figure that if I haven't touched it in the last 5 years I've been teaching in the room, then I probably don't need it. Books, you ask? Why books when every student has a laptop and prefers to gather (some of the books I discarded today dealt with things "modern computer graphics" and were published in 1992) contemporary information that is pertinent to them. So, anyway I threw a lot of stuff out and just toward the end of the day began replacing things back into cabinets, suggesting that I was approaching completion. Of course this year I have 2 rooms to do this to. I am not really complaining because I know it will save me a lot of time in the long run to do this as far as organization and knowing what I have to work with, having an inventory, and knowing where things are.

It was foggy on the way in this morning and foggy on the way home, and I still love the way the fog nestles and holds and leaving tiny drops of moisture on everything. I stopped in Sullivan Harbor to shoot a photo of "The Island"... I know it has a name, and it has probably been photographed a bazillion times, but I had to take one more as the shore was so visible at low tide and the fog was thick enough to almost completely shroud the island.

And then, sunshine... and I wasn't all that impressed because it was intermittent and the clouds were really still in charge, but I enjoyed photographing the light on the young maple we planted a couple of weeks ago. The leaves are translucent in the strong light, which lasted for about 10 minutes and now it has shut in thick of fog again as night approaches.
I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I am in hopes he will remove a cyst on my left arm as it is bugging me no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment