Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mind Storm...

Glad to be up is kind of weird... I need sleep as the early 4:30 hour comes quick and stayed up kinda late watching baseball (yeah, typical macho male... that's me!) for most of a game. Anyway, here it is 2 a.m. and my mind is racing, but not about all the things I have to do in the next few days; more about dreams that I woke from.

I was on a long trip. I had camped in the wilderness, traveling through wooded and mountainous terrain, following streams to rivers and down to the ocean. It seemed as though I was back to native roots, living from what the land offered until I got to the sea. There I settled, building a boat (sails, I think) that would take me along the coast, because I hadn't really settled, and knew I couldn't settle, but instead build a place to come back to as each of my adventures finished. I went looking for things, but in the dream I couldn't be sure of what I was looking for... it seemed I just had to explore and search. Some of it seemed so vivid... I awoke somewhat of a stranger to myself, but feeling an old familiarity I hadn't felt for quite a while. Hmmm.... was I born to discover? Is that what an artist truly does? Just a mind storm, not a hurricane...

No comments:

Post a Comment