Thursday, June 18, 2009

An Interesting Cloud & The Last Shadow

Well, the last shadow for a few days from the looks of things in the weather report. Shadows tell us so much and so little at the same time. They are always there (when supported by a light source) and there's no escaping their presence. They describe perfectly a shape, but when projected on a varied surface can distort and deform. I'm reminded of remarks one person might make about another, the things said perhaps true, but also maybe interpreted and turned by bias or emotion. A shadow can be a metaphor in its own reality for a number of things, but after all is said and done it is only a shadow, no matter how interesting.


Speaking of interesting, I caught a cloud (caught a cloud, hmmm?) yesterday that I found fascinating. Although it had changed slightly by the time I got the camera (why don't I just carry one with me at all times?) I still saw a figure in a skirt (female?) moving to the right with a large right hand in front sort of pushing away. Whether pushing something or pushing away from something I couldn't get, but she wasn't grounded as there were no feet and as clouds tend to do, there was a sense of floating. Cloud watching and identifying could be a sport I think, at least an intellectual contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment