Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day...

... to any man who has had the pleasure and joy of seeing a child come to life and watched them grow into thinking, creative human beings. The women that nurture and incubate them should be equally congratulated. I know that there is a "Mother's Day" as well, but I sometimes think that one should be a week long.

My two sons (picture I took in 1978) grew up as two opposites; the one always excited and willing to try anything, with a sense of where and how he was most of the time - the other always excited but more careful and moderate. One making movies as soon as the VHS recorder was invented - the other playing a single snare drum in an open field. One spending the night on top of the Deer Isle bridge towers - the other spending the night in an abandoned house in DI village.

They argued and fought all the time (just like my brother and I - must be "gene proximity"), but there was never any doubt in my mind that they loved one another. Now, with one very dependent on his parents and living at home - and the other working for Apple and calling once every few weeks, they are still as different as can be. I love you, boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment