Friday, July 10, 2009

High on Baker Hill


I just kept going on the ride today, decided that I would climb the hill that David usually does for his walks and I ended up at the top taking a bunch of pictures and then bicycling to the end of the Punkin'ville Road and back. It was around noon and a great day for it. Today has been a bit weird, but no worse than usual I guess. I did some sewing this morning as I wanted to finish the banner for last year's Fiber Arts class before school started (boy! I'm way ahead on that one) and I am using my Mom's old sewing machine, so that all has a nice feeling to it, after all it was her who gave me the art gene. I guess I got my workout in and then some today as mowing the lawn and the climb up Baker were add-ons. Getting in some sun at the same time is just another benefit. The Baker hill photos are one of a cruise ship in at Bar Harbor and another of Blue Hill over the Taunton River.
The mountain I really want to get up soon is Schoodic Mountain (bottom photo). It's been a long while since I've been up there and I'm really looking forward to doing it again. It would be really cool to spend the night up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment